Dining with Dignity
We are proud to enhance our world-class memory care with our Dining With Dignity program. From carefully selected tableware, to the support of our leadership team at every meal, and the dignity that comes with the freedom of choice, Dining with Dignity helps our Harbor residents enjoy a more fulfilling mealtime.
A Special Dining Program for the Memory Impaired
Every detail, from the color of the plates, to the atmosphere, to the appealing menu designed by our chef, provides our residents the nutrition they need, and the relaxing experience that makes mealtime a favorite part of the day.
- By our Executive Chef, Harbor Program Director, and Harbor Team
An Appealing Menu
- Designed by our chef to meet nutritional needs and reduce distractions, our program provides residents a visual choice between two attractively plated entrees. This presentation promotes independence and dignity.
- Special training for all Harbor team members
A Calm, Quiet Setting
- With instrumental music and all distractions removed
Attention to Every Detail
- Including freshly pressed tablecloths, linen napkins, and a bud vase with fresh flowers.
Colorful Tableware for Healthier Dining
- Featuring brightly colored tableware, as research shows settings with contrast make it easier for those with advanced Alzheimer's to see their food; leading them to eat and drink at least 25 percent more.
Harbor Afternoon Snack Program
- Offering warm cookies, fresh fruit, and a variety of familiar, comforting foods resident can help prepare
We invite you to learn more about Benchmark's innovative Dining With Dignity program by enjoying a meal just as our residents do. Call our community today at 508-964-0382 to reserve your complimentary lunch!